The DfE Vision is for all pupils to leave prlmary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
At Brookland Infant and Nursery School we attach great importance to physical activity and with the funding we are receiving from the government in the form of the PE and Sport Premium grant we aim to deliver high quality PE and give our children an opportunity to experience a wide range of sports. We encourage our children to lead active healthy lives.
The Daily Mile has numerous benefits for children – some of them our listed below:
- Within 4 weeks, children who do The Daily Mile become fit.
- The 15 minute break from lessons is invigorating and leaves children more focused and ready to learn.
- The Daily Mile is non-competitive, fully inclusive, and the children have fun!
- The Daily Mile is also a social occasion, and improves relationships
- The Daily Mile builds teamwork and leadership skills
- Children bring the benefits home, eating and sleeping better and encouraging their families to get active together.
- The Daily Mile builds self-esteem and confidence, improving children’s perception of exercise for life, and enabling them to take responsibility for their own health.
We are excited to be building links with local community sports clubs – please click on links below for more information:
Cheshunt Rugby Club