At Brookland Infant and Nursery School we encourage parents to use active travel modes to bring their children to school by walking their children to school or letting their children cycle or scoot wherever possible. The school travel policy explains how we will be encouraging active travel to school.
If you have any ideas to improve things at or around school for pedestrians and cyclists or questions about travelling to school, please speak to the school office.
Some of the benefits of active travel are:
- improving both mental and physical health through physical activity
- establishing positive active travel behaviour
- promoting independence and improving safety awareness
- reducing congestion, noise and pollution in the community
- reducing the environmental impact of the journey to school
In July 2017 we achieved our Bronze travel award and are now working towards our Silver
- Active Travel Policy (60.76KB)
links to local bus and train timetables: